Saturday, January 11, 2020

Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2019 version

Places where I spent one (or more) nights in 2019:

I-75 south of Atlanta, GA
near Orlando, FL
Madeira Beach, FL
Chattanooga, TN
somewhere in Kansas
Colorado Springs, CO
east of Denver, CO
somewhere in Missouri
Blountville, TN
Smyrna, TN
somewhere in FL
on the Caribbean
somewhere in GA
south of Cincinnati, OH
*Williams Bay, WI
 Kingsport, TN

 and home!


(italics - stayed there more than one night)  

(* stayed there on more than one occasion) 

   

2019 was the Year of the Road Trip!  

We drove 8,460 miles as a family on four road trips!  (This of course is in addition to our 100-130 miles/day 5 days/week driving to school or our carpool spot!)

Spring break in Florida not only included the beach and a children's museum, art museum, jungle park, and lots of playgrounds, but also four visits with relatives.  July found us sharing a large house (with amazing fun backyard for children) in Colorado with five other family members, celebrating a wedding!  September was our (late) summer trip to my parents'.  In December we drove to get to our Christmas cruise with all of Jim's side, and then drove to my parents' on our way home.

I'm not sure where we spent the night many of those nights because it literally was whatever motel had a room available. (We had a few adventures finding rooms, but now Little Miss begs, "Go in there! Go in hotel!" every time we see one, even the ones at the exit near our closest Walmart!)

I don't think I added any new states in 2019 (and we only were in 11! I saw online a map for going through 26 states in 8500 miles!), but cruise ship stops in Dominican Republic, Nassau, and Turks & Caicos were all new. 

We didn't make it to Wisconsin very much, maybe 3 times (?), once with relatives, once with small group, and once with Jim's cousin's family whose children are similar in ages to ours. 

We didn't make it on a pre-planting getaway either {sigh} ...

And I didn't stay at my parents' on more than one occasion, although we visited them twice.  The September visit was right after a huge health scare, so I stayed in a motel. :)   

Where did you go in 2019 for the first time? 


Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2009 version
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2010 version 
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2011 version 
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2012 version
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2013 version  
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2014 version 
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2015 version 
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2016 version
Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2017 version

Oh, the places you will go! ~ 2018 version

No comments: