From Jamie Dickinson Swift, Chief Infection Prevention Officer at Ballad Health in North East Tennessee:
Delta is different. And I'm not sure what it will take to convey the message to our region.
🦠"Pandemic of the unvaccinated" is still a pandemic for all. For the healthcare workers fighting for every patient, for the children too young to be vaccinated, for the immunocompromised, for the next emerging variant that may be worse than this one.
🦠I am reading everything I can get my hands on about delta. I'm watching the states with similar vaccine rates to ours. And every indication I see worries me.
🦠Our cases and hospitalizations have doubled. The numbers are smaller than they were a few months ago in the peak. But we are heading in the wrong direction.
😷 I believe everyone should evaluate their risk and consider masking.
🗣 We are seeing more cases off of each case of delta. One infection of delta infects more people than the original strain of virus.
💉 If you aren't vaccinated, please hear me. I know I can't force you to get vaccinated. I know you may scroll on by my posts by now because yes, it's all I've talked about for 18 months. But the general consensus is growing to believe it's either get vaccinated or get Covid. I don't want you to get Covid. You might be someone who has mild illness…but you might not. And now the question becomes…who are the 4-8 people you'll spread the infection to? Parents, grandparents, kids too young to be vaccinated? Nieces, nephews, the baby at church? The impact of your decision truly does impact all those around you in light of delta.
❤️ I'm tired. Staff are tired. But fighting this fight for you is my passion. If one post can convince one more person to go get vaccinated, I'll keep posting. I care deeply about this community and our region. We can still pull together, place all the politics and conspiracy theories aside, and get through this together. I believe that. I have to hang onto that hope.
Stay safe friends. ❤️
Read the full article here: https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html
Sent from my iPhone



No comments:
Post a Comment