Yesterday was hard. But everyone slept through the night. I did not go back to sleep after Jim's 5 AM alarm to go load hogs for market.
But I redeemed the time by starting a book on Kindle written by a retired missionary to Japan. Missionary biographies are my favorite genre, and of course I love books about Japan!
LM woke early, peeked down the stairs and went back to bed. Aah!
Eventually she got up and we both went down for breakfast. She was quickly done and disappeared back to her room to play.
While I ... I sat at the table with a good strong cuppa, a treat of a chocolate coconut macaroon, and my book. The moment didn't last long, and I was surrounded by messes (dirty dishes, mounds of clean laundry, a toy-littered floor), but it was so relaxing and peaceful!
What constitutes a mini-vacation for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment