My dad has his grandfather's pocket-sized leather diary he kept during the Civil War. The first entry tells of the night he hugged his parents good-bye and set out traveling north by cover of darkness to escape the south.
My mom's uncle kept a daily diary for decades, and after he died, his daughter was able to write a book about his life.
At various points in my life I have journaled, but those are more about my thoughts, emotions, and processing than about the events of my day. I also have used a 5-year journal, where I would write a few sentences about each day.
But at this season in my life, Facebook Memories are all I have. :) And I am thankful for them!! The days are so full, the years speed by, and I forget all the good things God has done & taught me & enabled us to experience.
Today's FB Memories reminded me of:
- our pastor's FB live on this day last year, in which he mentioned the first prayer in the Bible, the last prayer in the Bible, and quoted one of my favorite hymns: "Thou art coming to a King, large petitions with thee bring, for His grace and power are such none can ever ask too much."
- 4 years ago, reading Little Guy his first chapter book (The Boxcar Children) <3
- a pictorial summary of our summer trip to TN in 2017 (LG looks so very little!)
- a friend's photo of the corn tunnel on our roads as he drove away after an overnight at our B&B
- and my happy recounting of meeting a Japanese couple (which led to many happy afternoons of language exchange ... and cake eating) :)
I am thankful for FB Memories to remind me of all these good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment