Thursday, March 31, 2022

End-of-year

The school year is winding down, and our calendar is filling up. 

I just read a prayer letter from Japan, where the new year is starting!  April is the start of the new school year there (& often the new fiscal year).  Even after many years in Japan, it never felt right to me to be starting in April.

Little Miss will have Kindergarten registration in a few weeks.  She had her first dental appointment this week, so yesterday I scanned the dental form to the school health clerk. 

Little Guy is part of a longitudinal study through his former school on the effects of listening & spoken language (LSL) early intervention for children who are deaf or have hearing loss.  I spent half an hour replying to emails and scanning & sending current data to the testing team there, in preparation for his upcoming day of testing (so they would know what areas to focus on).  The day of testing is always in advance of his annual IEP meeting, to inform the IEP team of his strengths & weaknesses. 

I called to set up LM's kindergarten eye exam, and was put on a wait list until the practice has a second eye doctor (coming soon). Then I called the eye specialist's office where she was seen as a 12-24 month old and filled out and scanned & emailed the form for medical records to be sent to the new eye doctor.  

At the dentist this week, LG received a referral for orthodontic care.  I called & scheduled his first consult (which might just be a wait & see) for the first day of summer vacation. 

I called our insurance company to make sure it's okay that I have a telehealth appointment with my rheumatologist while I am at a 4-hour infusion appointment at my immunologist's office in a different city.  Yes, it is! Whew!

We haven't really been "on our game" with Awana this year, but last night was LG's best night so far.  I think he can say a max of 5 sections per night.  There are 4 weeks left to say verses, and conveniently he has 20 sections left in his book.  This morning I wrote them out in colored Sharpies on white paper to hang on our fridge.  Some of the sections are the books of the Old Testament, and some (at the end of the year) are review of previously learned verses.  I am *hopeful* that he can complete the book.  Of course, this will require that *I* be on my game daily to keep moving forward in the refrigerator posts!

LG starts baseball soon ... if there isn't a communication breakdown with the league.  (Sigh! Long story.) So that will mean two evenings a week at the ball field, something I am decidedly NOT looking forward to... I've ordered a devotional book to work on my attitude. :) 

And his former teacher from 70 miles away (& current friend!) plans to be in our area when her daughter's soccer team plays our niece's soccer team, so I might find myself at the soccer field one afternoon as well!

TrailLife is winding down its year, too, though I think the only addition to our calendar might be and end-of-year awards night.  Thankfully our TrailLife troop isn't as involved as our nephew's.  We have twice a month troop meetings + one Saturday morning a month in-the-field learning opportunities + 5th Saturday service projects.  

And the PTO.  

The PTO had a pie fundraiser this week (must remember to turn in our order form on time, pick up the pies on the right date, and deliver them).  

The PTO is having an apparel fundraiser.  (The children are each getting cinch bags; they need no more t-shirts. T-shirts multiply.)

The PTO has an annual Family Fun Night (which has been cancelled the previous two years).  Even before our children attended our local school, we attended Family Fun Night. :) 

This year's Family Fun Night also includes a Glow Run.  

So many deadlines. So many items on our calendar.  

And then it will be summer.  Summer... with a completely different calendar. :)

No comments: