Pronounced like "castles," the CASLLS (the Cottage Acquisition Scales for Listening Language and Speech) is a checklist of speech sounds, language, and grammatical structures.
Before LG was 2 years old, his speech therapist was charting his progress on the CASLLS. At a glance, she could see where his gaps were and what goals to set. At a certain point, he progressed to the next level (& color) of CASLLS.
Every month for three years at the parent-teacher meeting, I heard about his progress on the CASLLS.
And I wished that LM had a CASLLS checklist. Alas, CASLLS is designed for children with hearing loss, so none of LM's five (and counting) speech therapists have ever used it with her.
Periodically I googled it, but the order form on the website is designed for schools to order in bulk.
In a stroke of genius ~ or desperation ~ I emailed and asked if they ever sell single copies. Yes!! You can be sure I ordered a CASLLS (or 3 or 4) for LM as soon as I could. Pre-sentence CASLLS, simple sentence CASLLS, complex sentence CASLLS, & sounds and speech CASLLS.
And if you need me, I'll just be over here charting speech sounds & language structures I hear coming from her mouth. :) I love data!
No comments:
Post a Comment