Our oldest is only 8, so I don't feel like I have truly entered the taxi-driving years. I'm sure once our children enter middle school it will ramp up. (Our district has only one middle school, so they will be making friends from all over our 377 square miles district which covers parts of five counties!)
But one day this summer was c-r-a-z-y!
We left at 11.15 to drive 35 minutes to take LM to speech. While she was there, LG and I went through drive-through to pick up lunch. We did Subway that day, and I only got chips + a drink (due to being gluten-free).
Speech was over at 1, picked up our Walmart order, drove more than 30 minutes to the high school for the last day of soccer camp. Put on her soccer socks, shin guards, and cleats in time for soccer camp at 2. Waited while all the children put on their camp t-shirts and lined up for a group photo.
Home. Put away groceries. Time to leave for the post office & library, before picking up our carpool friend and taking him and LG with me to be there when soccer was over at 3 for the younger kids.
Each day I waited until 3.30 when the next two boys' group started (3.30-5). That day, I waited while all the participants changed into their camp t-shirts and lined up for a group photo. Then I took LM and our youngest carpool friend home, arriving home around 3.50.
That would have been my lunch time, except at 2.30 I had packed a boiled egg, apple slices, cheese cubes, and some trail mix to eat in my taxi. :)
Do you have any taxi-driving tips?
No comments:
Post a Comment