Friday, November 17, 2023

A Friday

I had a good conversation today with another stay-at-home mom.  Both of our husbands are happy for us to be busy at home & available to serve, but they also ask, "You have something on your schedule again today?!" Yep!

This week it was:

Monday - two Zooms and a nurse visit, rush home to pick children up from a friend's home later than planned (& almost after she had to leave), take a meal to another friend

Tuesday - BK's dental appointment & then hiked after school until dark

Wednesday - Moms in Prayer in the morning, prepare house for housecleaner, after school appointment for one child, Domino's carry-out, Awana (I went to Walmart during Awana)

Thursday - hair appointment, after school speech therapy for LM (BK & I ran an errand while she was there), swim practice

Friday - Moms in Prayer event 9.30 - 12.30 45 minutes away (first time in 6 years of praying with MIP that I've been free to attend an event)

Friday afternoon - I crashed, partly from the week & partly from the beginning of my annual starts-in-November-&-goes-to-April sinus infection. :(

But I also had several texts, emails & calls to make.  Answer phone call from teacher, email another teacher to confirm that LM's headphones broke & I need to order a new pair, text my mom's health insurance agent with a question (it's open enrollment), text a thank you to the Moms in Prayer hostess today (a card would be nice, but ...), text back and forth with another boy's mom and Jim to coordinate how we're going to carpool to tonight's boys' Awana party, and some others I'm forgetting.  

I ordered my Walmart pickup order for tomorrow ... to be picked up in a town 30 minutes south of us, where I go once a year.  But, Lord willing, we'll be driving home from a swim meet an hour south of us, and can pick it up on our way home.  And ... if everything is in stock, we can hopefully avoid grocery stores during Thanksgiving week. :) 

And I cooked a healthy supper ... chicken patties, sweet potatoes, mac & cheese for the children's side, and we'll add it to a tossed salad.  

So, is it any wonder that my friend and I both put 2500-2800 miles on our vans each month?! :)

No comments: