Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Wednesday before Thanksgiving

When I was a child, this was not a holiday from school.  (I remember driving to Georgia *after* school got out on Wednesday afternoon.) But Wednesday is a holiday in our district. (Apparently lots of schools have the entire week off!) 

Wednesday is busy, if you are tasked with bringing part of the Thanksgiving meal. When I had toddlers, it was nigh unto impossible. 

But this year has been good. I was mostly finished by noon. 

Pecan pie - check

Pretzel crust for strawberry pretzel "salad" - check

Bacon cooked to put in the beans tomorrow - check

Cranberry relish - check

Filling layer for strawberry pretzel "salad" - check

Sweet potatoes in the oven to roast - check

Mid-afternoon I made the jello layer for the strawberry pretzel "salad"

Of course, I ran the dishwasher twice and washed a sink full of big items, tried to feed my family some healthy meals (that were easy!), said "yes" when BK wanted to make Muddy Buddies, read some Thanksgiving picture books, and had to do a load of my laundry so I have something to wear tomorrow. And I was glad that Jim did the post office run ... the two gifts he (ahem! I) had ordered for him to give me for Christmas arrived. :) 


No comments: