Saturday, May 9, 2026

A week

Every day this week has seemed so very full, and full of such a wide variety each day.  

Monday morning was my eye appointment, which led to daily homework and a follow-up in 6 months. Not what I really have time for. 

Monday noon I had a phone call with an acquaintance walking a similar parenting journey.  RICH conversation and the most theologically astute perspective I have heard. So encouraging! 

Tuesday took the cake ... I had been gifted a head spa, which is so luxurious! I almost had whiplash because immediately afterward I had a phone call scheduled with the school social worker, and I ended up in tears.  

Then I had the blessing of helping a friend! (Second time in a week! Last week it was staying with her 2 year old for 15-20 minutes because Grandma was running late.  This week it was loaning some dress-up costume parts to a different friend who said I "saved the day.") 

Mentoring phone call while driving to my labs (in a town in a different direction). And LM's spring music concert that evening. Talk about exhaustion!

Wednesday I had a sick child home, so my nurse understandably wouldn't come for my infusion, so I had an unexpected open day.  I also had a very disappointing phone call from a medical office. I ended up "rage cleaning" for 3 hours and also doing lots of laundry, and, in the process, getting triple my average number of steps. (!)

Thursday my whole body was sore (oops!). I did all the things so I could look professional at a 2.45 PM meeting at school. (Hair, nails, jewelry, makeup, etc.) 

I rushed from the meeting to Grandpa's to pick up both children who had ridden their respective buses there after school.  And then we went the opposite direction for an appointment in town. 

On the way home (after filling up with $4.15/gallon gas - woohoo!!), I dropped BK off at the high school, and he waited for Jim to arrive a few minutes later, so they could watch the high school play.

Friday I had Zoom prayer meeting for Japan from 6-6.30, and then my infusion from 8-1 (I slept 2.5 hours during it), and the housecleaner was here from 10.30-1.30. In the evening LM and I went to the high school play. 

Scattered in there in all the "free" minutes were what seemed like 50 million texts and emails about all. sorts. of. things. When I look back at my sent emails this week, they are so very random ... and plentiful.  

I am ready for a weekend. :) 

No comments: