I have received many greeting cards over the years. I especially remember fondly two older women who sent me cards regularly when I was in high school.
For years I lived in Japan where I had little to no access to cards like we are accustomed to. (There were sometimes imported boxed greeting cards at the main Christian bookstore downtown Tokyo.)
Ordering cards from the Current Catalog used to be the classic, and maybe still is. For awhile I purchased directly from Dayspring's website. Thrift stores & garage sales have provided me with some beautiful cards to send others!
My absolute go-to right now is Dollar Tree. They have a lovely selection of Joyfully Yours (Dayspring/Hallmark collab) for $1 or 2 for $1!! Try finding those prices at Hallmark.
But I don't live near a Dollar Tree, and although I try to stock up when I go to one, I don't always have just the right card I need when I need it here at my desk 20 miles from Dollar Tree.
Which cards do I reach for ... every. single. time?!
Hymn greeting cards from Little Things Studio. (Sign up for newsletters to be alerted to sales. Sometimes they have seconds which are greatly reduced.) I also drool over the Scripture cards from Ben & Hannah Dunnett.
Almost every Sunday I come home from church with a list in my notebook of people to whom I want to send cards ... get well, sympathy, encouragement, etc. Sometimes I get the cards sent. Sometimes I don't. When I do, this is where they start their journey to our friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment