Monday, May 18, 2026

Company Towels

When I was little, we had LOTS of overnight guests. I remember Mom pulling the "company towels" out of the cedar chest in the hallway.  I don't remember what towels our family used in the day-to-day, but they were not the company towels. 

Some time in the 90s my parents hosted a reunion of my Mom's co-workers from New Mexico, and I remember what a big deal it was for my Mom to get new towel sets.  (They were still in use in 2024...)

Before I went back to Japan in 2000, I was looking for towels. I finally found a set I liked at an outlet mall. I had two sets and used them hard.  I'm not sure where they all ended up, but I have one washcloth ... which is now decidedly not a company towel!!


Before we married, I registered for towels ... rather boring ivory and tan towels. Then I received word from Jim's church ladies (via Jim) that I needed to register for things in a certain local department store. So I registered for very nice towel sets in green and light purple (to match the "company" bathroom, which is now the kids' bathroom).  

After 16 years, I am rather tired of boring ivory & tan towels. :) [And we have many!! And they are not wearing out!]  Although we almost filled a complete guest book in the first ten years of marriage, our company has trickled to almost nothing. So, I am enjoying using company towels. :) 

No comments: