Thursday, March 5, 2009

Doughnuts I have known

A few weeks ago the 20% off sign lured me into the famous bakery in our mall. And I came out with a bag of Krispy Kreme wannabe doughnuts, a relatively new item in Japan.

Krispy Kreme came to Tokyo a few years back. One time when I was in the area of the flagship store, I decided to go by. The line was like those at Disney, with signs at designated intervals letting people know how much longer the wait was from that point. All I came home with were these photos of the line. :-)






So a few months later, when I was in the USA, one item on my to-do list was to visit Krispy Kreme. Imagine my surprise to see that there was NO wait-!



The Krispy Kreme store in Bristol located where State Street and Euclid Avenue divide, was a fixture in my childhood. I hardly recall a trip to either the feed co-op up Euclid or the tractor dealer's up State, which did not include a stop at Krispy Kreme.

No comments: