A Japan Times article from last year's pollen season, discusses hay fever in Tokyo, and lists the "conventional products for easing hay fever symptoms" as "including masks, nasal sprays and goggles." The article goes on to describe the new "clothes and coats made of pollen-proof fabric."
I am especially intrigued by the "pollen retreat tours," to areas of the country with low pollen counts!
If I could just go there from February through April, I would delight in sleeping through the night, breathing through my nose, enjoying opening the windows when spring comes, and breathing the fresh air without filtering it through a mask.
20% of the population (and a higher percentage in urban areas) is said to suffer from 花粉症 kafunsho, the allergic reaction to Japanese cedar and cypress pollen, so at least this gives me a way to identify with one-fifth of the population.
Is that the meaning of incarnational ministry?
No comments:
Post a Comment