Sunday, March 29, 2009

WSC in the news

WBC has been in the news this week, with Japan winning the World Baseball Classic (WBC).

But listening to the radio news several times this week, I thought the announcers were also discussing the WSC - Westminster Shorter Catechism.

I kept hearing it in reference to missiles, and I could not make the connection. Closer listening revealed that what I thought was 小教理 shou kyouri (small doctrine) was really長距離 chou kyori (long distance).

The proposed missile launch by a neighboring country may not seem related to "small doctrine Q&A" (小教理問答shou kyouri mondou), but every problem is a theological problem. My language mix-up is a good reminder for us to pray for world leaders, and for the nations to come to know the Savior.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,

No comments: