Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week in review or "Dear family"

I enjoyed a quiet Sunday afternoon, listening to the humming of the air purifier, and the voices of 5,000 pastors singing grand old hymns on my favorite album, which has been on almost constant repeat for two months.

Monday I spent five hours helping friends move.

Monday the cedar pollen count soared.

Monday night I did not sleep well.

Tuesday I was tired and dragging all day.

Tuesday night I did not sleep well.

Wednesday I was overambitious in what I had scheduled, so that I was perpetually leaving before each meeting was over, and arriving late to the next one.

Thursday was an exciting day of Bible studies and possible conversion(s).

Friday late afternoon I saw my doctor to say, "Zyrtec is NOT enough." When I left her office, some pharmaceutical rep breathed a sigh of relief that his retirement is still in good shape! The eyedrops (2 with a third on reserve for when it's "awful") & nasal sprays (also plural) are working well.

Friday night I took 1/2 of the allergy pill my doctor prescribed. She suggested only 1/2 because it would make me drowsy. *Sunday* morning I was still drowsy. That was pretty potent!!

During the week I re-read Mike Milton's What God Starts, God Completes, and realized I haven't been reading biographies much recently. I think I need to make sure I'm always reading a good biography that spurs me on. Any suggestions?

Heard a good sermon on James 1.1-8 Sunday morning. Went home and in the afternoon listened to Sinclair Ferguson preach on the same passage.

No comments: