For the past several years, Easter for me has meant listening nonstop to _________.
Any guesses?
Years ago a lady in a supporting church sent me a cassette tape of meditations by Chuck Swindoll, interspersed with Easter hymns and songs, including a couple rousing medleys. That has been my only English input regarding Easter.
(I recently found the CD version of that cassette, "Embrace the Cross: The Savior's Love Expressed in Song" on eBay, so I can listen to it on my iPod. As of March 8, 2009, you can see the CD version here.)
You can also listen to 30 second clips at the same site. I dare you to listen to the "Calvary Medley" without having an attitude adjustment! :-)
The words "calvary" or "cross" in a hymn always bring to my mind the image of an elderly gentleman leading music at my home church on summer Sunday nights with the windows open. There are hymns I cannot sing without thinking of him. And many of them are on this CD.
BooMama's Easter Mixtape '08 and the explanation and readers' comments should give you some ideas if you're looking to create an Easter playlist.
A partial list of my Easter playlist is online here.
What songs would you recommend to help me prepare my heart in English for celebrating the Lord's resurrection?
Easter, Part 1: Anticipation
No comments:
Post a Comment