The pastors and groom entered the sanctuary. As the groomsmen followed them to the front, chuckles erupted among the congregation, because most had not known that the groom has a twin, who stood as his best man.
Throughout the day, I heard various people explaining how to know which one is which. Most people advised that the easiest way to distinguish was by the groom's ability to understand and speak Japanese.
During the wedding, I told them apart by looking at their feet. Only the bride, groom, and bridesmaids wore shoes inside, so it was easy to know which of the twins was the groom.
At the reception I struggled, but towards the end of the evening realized that there is now a new way to tell them apart. The groom now wears a wedding ring!
Sunday morning when I showed up for worship, the groom's twin was standing outside, and many people, thinking it was the groom, were exclaiming, "You're here?! Where's your wife?"
No comments:
Post a Comment