It was a regular airport run. I borrowed a car, headed out to the airport (via my shortcut through the countryside), waited outside customs, scanning the arriving passengers for someone who might recognize the sign I was holding, identifying our organization.
During the ride home, I learned about how God led him to Japan. We stopped off at the grocery store so he could stock up on some food. I took him to his temporary home and told him what the schedule was the next day and who would pick him up at what time.
This past Saturday ~ a year, a month, and eight days later ~ I attended a worshipful wedding ceremony, as he and one of my good friends began their life together.
This year, month, and eight days have been exciting to watch, from the sidelines, but I am even more eager to watch how God will work in the coming days, months and years.
My heart is bursting with joy and anticipation ... and, to be honest, aching as well, as I know this international life we lead will be filled with good-byes as my friends and I cross oceans in different directions in coming days and years.
No comments:
Post a Comment