Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lunch, #7

We had just eaten at that very restaurant the evening before, but it offers a free meal on customers' birthdays, so we went back the next day!

Just my mom and I. A rarity.

We sat leisurely, sharing stories of recent days, hopes for the future, prayer requests, and more.

My dad and I had drunk so many cups of hot tea the night before, and I drank so many cups that day, that they ran out of tea bags!

I splurged and enjoyed the out-of-this-world bread pudding, which is so delicious because it is practically swimming in butter!

And, this concludes the description of seven lunches in 19 days! ... except for a weekend trip that took me to Noodles for the first time ever (I think I could eat there regularly!) and introduced me to a very satisfying pear, brie and carmelized onions sandwich on toasted whole wheat bread (Yumm!).

January has definitely been a month of re-connecting with lots of people, and that tends to happen over food. No doubt more Lunch posts will be forthcoming!

No comments: