Thursday, January 21, 2010

Year in Review - 2009 (Part 2)

In January, I attended an incredible 2-week seminar preparing me for Home Ministry Assignment, a friend left Japan for HMA, and I attended two wonderful engagement ceremonies of friends.

In February, I added too much to my schedule, and almost broke down.

In March, my friend and Japanese teacher helped me make a plan for sanity, the first step of which was to get away to the mountains for two days.

In April, the cherry blossoms bloomed, good friends left Japan for HMA (leaving me bereft of their children!), the carp kites flew, and I had a couple intense (and exhausting) weeks filling in before a new teacher arrived.

In May, I had lots and lots of goodbye luncheons with friends - both expat and Japanese. I also took vacation and visited special friends, where I did nothing but relax.

In June, I took a lot of medicine, ending up with steroids, to knock out a bad case of bronchitis. And I attended graduation for the Class of '09 - one outstanding young lady who graduated from our team's school, which was started for missionary kids.

In July, I packed like crazy, visited various tax and government offices, had more good-bye meals, attended the fabulous wedding of friends, and flew to the U.S. for my HMA.

In August, I started traveling.

In November, I stopped for a while, had medical exams, and saw relatives at Thanksgiving.

In December, I had surgery, it snowed, and Christmas came.

Through it all, God was faithfully continuing His good work in me.

No comments: