Friday, January 8, 2010

Stuff

I haven't even been in this apartment six months. (And a lot of that time I have been out of town.)

But the stuff I've accumulated! It's amazing. It's scary. It's time-consuming and mind-consuming. How does it happen?!?

Just today, in putting away Christmas decorations, I had to re-arrange a closet.

And, in looking behind one closed door, I found old catalogs and magazines to throw away, a book I had been wishing I had (and lo and behold, I do!), and other things I had forgotten about.

Does anyone need a book, a stack of papers, a can of beans, or clothes waiting to be mended?

Hopefully, the gift of spending these first two weeks of the new year at home will be a time to be tackle the procrastinated piles, to eat from my pantry, and to be ruthless with the accumulated clutter.

No comments: