Such a gray day! For the third day in a row. When will it ever end? Is this why everyone tries to escape to warmer climes in March, not because of the cold, but because of the gray?
And as I drove home, all I saw was gray ...
... the gray siding on the village hall
... the gray pavement in my rear view mirror
... the gray electric meter on that home
... the gray foundation of that home
... the gray roof on that one
... the gray fire hydrant on the corner
... the gray post on the church sign
"Even the siding on our house is gray!" I thought as I pulled onto our street.
How can I fight all this gray ... inside and out?
"From gray to GRATITUDE!" I realized.
768. a trip uptown on a gray afternoon
769. packages at the post office!
770. a library to pop into
771. the humor issue of Reader's Digest to check out (won't humor help fight the grays, too?)
772. a ginger snap dunked in a cup of hot tea
773. an encouraging phone call
774. music to nurture the soul
775. anticipation of time with a friend
776. a project to work on (the Japan trip)
777. an hour's conversation in the car with my husband to and from prayer meeting that night
These gifts are just that ... gifts! And not just gifts, but the icing-on-the-cake gifts. "All I need is Jesus," is not a trite statement. He truly is the best gift. He is enough, and I do not need these other gifts. But the discipline of noticing them points me back to the Giver of all good gifts and helps me give Him my gift of thanksgiving.
To join in on reading others' lists or recording your own, visit the gratitude community at “One Thousand Gifts" or check out the new website: One Thousand Gifts.

2 comments:
after seeing your title I just had to stop by from Ann's Gratitude community. It has been so very grey around here as well, but today the sun is out. . .Praise God from whom all blessing flow!
Just visiting from Ann's blog...we are all community sharing our gifts and it is wonderful! I actually had grey skies listed on one of my journals because there is a beauty to be found even in those. It is good to give thanks in EVERYTHING! Bless You!!
Post a Comment