"Best of blessing He'll provide thee, Naught but good shall e'er betide thee, O how He loves!"
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Bookends
I love this gift from my parents! So very appropriate and symbolic.
A household with 15 bookcases needs bookends (for the books that don't fit on the bookcases!).
And what better bookend than a book?!
And what better bookend than a globe for someone who "had to search the whole world to find [his wife]" (as a lady from church wrote in her wedding card)?!
And ... bookends! In Chapter 16 of Jan Karon's Out to Canaan, Father Tim and Cynthia refer to each other as "my bookend."
The book, the globe, the bookend itself ... all represent who we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have FIFTEEN bookshelves?!?! Oh.My.Goodness. I cannot imagine! And I thought I had a lot of books...my in-laws were quite stunned...but I only have two huge ones!
Post a Comment