"There were times I would have left my husband in a heartbeat. I didn't love him, and I couldn't stand to even be in the same room with him. But I knew God hates divorce, and I said to the Lord, 'I'll stay, but you're going to have to help me do it. I'll stay because of you, Lord, not because of him.'"
I think that's what God means when His Word says the older women are to teach the younger women. I don't think it means a formulaic lecture or a certain curriculum, but rather a heartfelt and real description of life being hard and how God proves himself faithful and gives power to choose obedience.
A friend recently wrote on her blog:
Thank you, Jesus, that [my husband and children and life overseas are] the main way you humble me, check my sin, expose my dirt and draw me closer to you. Thank you that life is hard, but so, so sweet, too.
That is the message we need to teach the younger women!
No comments:
Post a Comment