Monday, November 19, 2012

Marking time by seven Saturdays, #10

Oops! These seven Saturdays flew by faster than I realized.

On Saturday (the 17th) we spent 8.30 AM - 2.30 PM in a Discovering Membership class at our new church [Wonder if I'll ever stop calling it "our new church?"].  It's good for one's soul to spend an hour studying salvation under a passionate and enthusiastic pastor!

Last Saturday Jim was in the fields.  I spent the morning participating in a service project as part of Missions Conference, and in the evening became acquainted with the retired missionary couple who stayed in our home.

Two Saturdays ago I baked two cakes for the following day (one for Sunday School and one for a family reunion).

Three Saturdays ago I put away dishes from a lovely tea the day before.

Four Saturdays ago we celebrated the birthday of one of our nieces!

Five Saturdays ago we had a date night (mattress shopping at Sears and a burger at Meathead's ~ exciting times!). 

Six Saturdays ago I sat spellbound as Gracia Burnham shared her story, not only of being held hostage, but also of what God continues to do in and through her now.

Seven Saturdays a much-loved lady entered eternity. 

Seven Saturdays from now both Thanksgiving and Christmas will be behind us, as well as all of 2012. 

What will have happened in the intervening weeks?
I do not know,
So teach me to number my days
that I may get a heart of wisdom.
Satisfy me in the morning with your steadfast love,
that I may rejoice and be glad all my days.
Let the favor of the Lord my God be upon me,
and establish the work of my hands upon me;
yes, establish the work of my hands!

(adapted from Psalm 90.12-17)


Marking time by seven Saturdays

Marking time by seven Saturdays, #2
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #3
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #4
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #5
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #6
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #7 
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #8 
Marking time by seven Saturdays, #9

No comments: