I remember the exact moment and location when I started putting appointments in my phone calendar. Until then I had carried a pocket calendar and matched it with the wall calendar in the kitchen. Now I match my phone calendar with the kitchen calendar. (Perhaps I need to put a Skylight Wi-fi calendar on my Christmas list so we can sync all our calendars? For our schedule is sure to only become crazier before it slows down.)
Last December, I decided that December would be a blackout month. And I put "No appointments" on every day of my phone calendar in December.
When I caught up on all my medical appointments after school started, and at checkout they would say, "I can schedule your 3-month follow-up on December x or y," I opened my calendar to that date, and replied, "December doesn't work for me. Could I schedule it in January?" [Of course that means my January will be full...]
This week I realized another flaw of using a digital calendar. I can't see the big picture. If I could see that Tuesday & Thursday are really busy that week, would I add something on Wednesday?
Perhaps, 2026 will be the year I return to carrying a pocket calendar! :)
Any tips for reducing calendar confusion?
No comments:
Post a Comment