Friday afternoons are HARD transitions around here. I knew we were facing a 3-day weekend (our district has ten - count them - ten 3-day weekends this school year + Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring break!!).
So, I came up with a Saturday plan. First, we used free Chick-fil-A breakfast cards that were handed out at a local parade a few weeks back. We went next door to Target to make a return and get 3 items. We went next door to Aldi. While I shopped, the children had a cart, a budget, and a print-out from the rescue mission's website of most needed groceries. They were 98 cents over budget!! Then we drove a few blocks to the back door of the rescue mission, rang the bell, and waited for a staff member to come out with a grocery cart.
The children and I do that once or twice a year as something tangible they can participate in in our giving. It has been eye-opening for them, and they both have a tender heart for homeless people.
LM rode in the combine a few hours. Jim worked until almost 11 PM.
Sunday was normal ... Sunday school, church, lunch, rest, play or nap, and then the children enjoyed 3.5 hours with their aunt, uncle, and cousin while we went to small group.
Monday was another long day looming ahead of us. We met friends at a local pumpkin patch from 9.45 - 2.15. It was 90*F, and we stayed about an hour too long. BK spent a couple hours on the farm. Monday night was swim practice.
Tuesday I had an appointment in the city west of us with my rheumatologist, and did a little shopping. BK rode the bus to Grandpa's while I took LM to the city east of us for speech therapy at the university clinic. There was a make-up swim practice since Thursday's was cancelled due to a home meet for the high school team. I felt like I drove a million miles and wasn't home all day.
Wednesday I had an appointment in the city west of us with a new specialist.
Wednesday was kitchen day. Before school I put a roast in the crockpot & made a pitcher of iced tea. After my appointment I did a trial run of pumpkin dump cake (which I have signed up to take to the teachers in a few weeks) and made a pan of hash brown casserole and made a salad. (Recipe here.)
In the afternoon LM had tutoring before we went to Awana & prayer meeting.
Thursday I had a hair appointment, and the children had an appointment in the city east of us. Swim practice was cancelled due to a home meet for the high school team.
Friday my infusion meds arrived.
The window guys were in and out (mostly out) at unannounced times. Jim was working late 6 days a week and nursing a combine engine that repeatedly caught on fire (smoldering not flames, but still!). And I'm behind on all my big projects plus things I need to do for my mom.
And now it's time for another weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment