The real MVP in this motherhood journey is ... our Honda Odyssey! :)
It turned over 55,500 miles after 18 months of driving it (!).
Debt Free Mom uses the phrase "Care Creates Contentment."
At the moment there are several things we need to do to care for it. (Aren't there always?)
First up was removing the box of math manipulatives (connecting cubes) from the floor of the middle seat. One got down into the track of the sliding door. So glad we caught that!! One time we had a Happy Meal toy that got stuck in the track of the sliding seats. It was not a cheap fix. But it was a lot less expensive than the horror story the mechanic told me about a family who had a Happy Meal toy stuck in the track of the door ... their cost was over $1,000 (!).
Last year during harvest, as I drove a country road, a farm truck passed me, and a rock flew up into my windshield. I had it repaired a few weeks later, but I'm not sure that it isn't growing.
One of our third row seats will not fold back. It folds forward, but sometimes we need it to fold back and disappear.... Hmmm...
And there is a gasket for one of the sliding doors that came unattached and is sticking out at a 90* angle. I probably should have that looked at, too.
In the category of things I can do at home to care for our van in order to create contentment ....
- We have kept the van EMPTY since before our vacation out west (well, minus the math manipulatives!),
- I am washing the windows & side mirrors frequently at home with my Norwex window washing cloths - amazing how it helps me see ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment