Jim works 6 days a week. Weekends are not restful, and, in fact, can feel long.
On a recent Saturday, we all slept in. I awoke naturally at 7.35.
The children and I then scrambled to leave at 8.30, dropped BK off at 9 to be in a parade with Trail Life, and then LM and I turned around and repeated our route, stopping at the ATM in a nearby farm town briefly, and then continuing on to her 9.45-10.45 tutoring in another nearby farm town.
I went home for about forty minutes. When I picked her up, we headed straight to the end of the parade, arriving at 11.30, which is when I estimated Trail Life would be reaching the end of the route. (They were #60 of 90+ positions in the parade.) Float #30 was passing us - !!
At noon, we pulled out of my parking spot (with BK), and went through the festival's drive-through food lane, getting pork chop sandwiches for our family & the grandparents + pumpkin doughnuts for Grandma.
We dropped the food (& BK) off at the grandparents' at 12.40, and I took LM to a cheer clinic at the middle school, went home, took a shower (!) & rested a few minutes before picking her up at 2.30 and then picking BK up at 2.50.
I was S.P.E.N.T! After supervising the children removing all their belongings (from school & activities) from the van, I was ready for a nap. They had 25 minutes of "educational" screen time, I did my nails, and then LM made slime.
Obviously it was an exhausting day with lots of moving parts! (And there was not even time to drop off my trunk full of donations at the thrift store or pick up the veggies for a veggie tray I'm taking to a cookout tomorrow.)
But the alternative would be harder. And so I often drive all over on weekends. Want to come ride along? :)
And our district has 10 long weekends this year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment