Tuesday, November 25, 2025

Extrovert Day

Goodness knows, I don't have room in my schedule for an extrovert day! :) 

A few weekends ago, I was gone on Saturday from 6 AM - 6 PM to a swim meet (think: sensory overload, starting whistles, starting buzzers, constant splashing, lots of cheering).  

Then Jim was out of town 24 hours Sunday midday to Monday midday.  So I was on my own Sunday afternoon/evening ... and it was a doozy! 

I don't sleep well when he's gone, so did not really wake up rested. I was looking forward to enjoying an introvert day completely alone during the school day. :) 

I had arranged to talk with my matron of honor for the first time in well over a year, and it was very hard to end our conversation.  

After we hung up, I was working on IEP research & emails for an upcoming meeting, when an alert went off on my phone. I had forgotten that I had signed up for a Moms in Prayer call over lunch. 

In hindsight, it wasn't necessary that I attend that, and I hadn't RSVP'd or anything, although it was encouraging. 

Then I had a 50 minute phone call about upcoming IEP stuff.  

And by then it was time to go pick up LM. I had agreed to supervise a play date at the park with her and one of her friends.  But, the Lord took pity on this tired mom, and I received a text that the friend's mom had forgotten they had an appointment.  

Home for a restful afternoon! Thank the Lord that we had no afternoon activities; only swim practice 10 minutes away from 6-7.30 PM.

I slept well that night! :) 

No comments: