Last week in prayer meeting, I gave thanks in the congregation for three big answers to prayer this past year - my disease (eosinophilic fasciitis) has stopped progressing, LM is learning to read, and the sale of my parents' farm went smoothly. Each! one! of! those! is! a! miracle!
As recently as April, a friend came to clean out my fridge because bending has been the hardest thing these past 4+ years. But last week, I got down on the floor on my hands and knees to clean some spots on the carpet! And when our pastor asked "those who are able" to kneel Sunday to pray, I was able!! {And I wasn't able the last time he had asked ... 4-6 months ago.} My mobility continues to improve day by day!
I went back and found what I have blogged about my health. It's still hard to believe that it has stopped progressing! (We continue to pray that the symptoms resolve, and until then, I will be taking prednisone - daily for 4+ years now - in addition to two other meds which I don't even look up to see all the FDA warnings.)
In a FB group for the disease, someone recently said that she has had it 35 years, but it has only been active for about 5 of those years. Her most recent flare was triggered by stress. I don't want to live the rest of my life holding my breath that it might flare again. For this we have Jesus ... to both live fully without constant worrying and also to cling to Him if it does flare.
Give thanks to the Lord with us!! And if you have prayed, thank you!!
Health Update, October 2021 {includes links to 11 blog posts that reference the beginning of this particular health journey}
Thankful ~ a specialist, June 2022
June 5, 2023 blog post:
Good appointment with my rheumatologist. She referred to the disease as being angry. (I concur.) She wants me to have 12 weeks on my new shot (uninterrupted by taking a break due to being on antibiotics) before she re-evaluates or makes any changes. It's comforting to know that she has a Plan C, D, E, F, and G. It's more comforting to know that the Lord is in charge. We are happy with her plan that I return quarterly for in-person visits.
Monday, April 15, 2024
Chicago
I have been seeing a specialist in Chicago for almost 2 years. Six of my visits have been in-person. Thankfully Jim has accompanied me to all of them, and we both really like her. She is personable, and brilliant, and understands and explains the subtleties of my diseases well (to the extent that she has understands them ... there are few clinical trials, so it's one big guessing game, and we are ultimately dependent on prayer).
Highlights: My doctor finding a treatment regimen (four scary meds) that is providing some relief for the first time since I got sick in 2021.
January 6, 2025
"good doctor's appointment (much improved in some areas, yet still severe & not in remission yet)"
Chicago Day Date, May 8, 2025
A good day! Especially when the doctor said she thinks the disease is not progressing any more. Praise God! She says it's still a long-term project to wean off the prednisone, though I may be stuck at 5 mg forever. :( And we need to pray that the scar tissue over much of my body softens up.
Summer in Review, August 29, 2025
Thankfully I was more mobile than I have been in the past four summers! Our summer was bookended by appointments with my rheumatologist in Chicago (May 6 and August 25). I am on a multi-year plan to wean from some of my scary drugs, so I was also a tad bit less medicated than I was last summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment