![]() |
| Northeast Tennessee, October 10, 2024 |
Have you ever seen the Northern Lights? I love them! And never realized it might be possible to see them without visiting the Arctic.
Apparently the November 2025 NL were epic! I usually go into the backyard to try to see them, but that night, LM and I got in the van and went chasing. :) She declared it, "Girls' Night Northern Lights!" We went to the old airstrip, and then to DG (not good), and then to a field entrance on the way to the golf course. I think there were brighter ones after we went to bed, but we are happy!
These were visible to the naked eye (though not as vibrant), there were pillars, and we saw them dancing! I took a video without using the special settings and they are still visible. I loved seeing time lapse videos from people's door videos the next day!
I have an indescribable excitement when I see the NL. Maybe because they’re so rare and unique and showcase the Lord’s creativity and power. I imagine heaven will be full of such thrill at seeing not just our Lord, but realizing all the many ways He was working during our lives that we didn’t notice, plus seeing the amazing beauty of heaven.
I love this quote from the book “Streams in the Desert”…
The colored sunsets and starry heavens, the beautiful mountains and the shining seas, the fragrant woods and painted flowers, are not half so beautiful as a soul that is serving Jesus out of love, in the wear and tear of common, unpoetic life” ~ Faber
![]() |
| Central Illinois, November 11, 2025 |
After our Girls' Night Northern Lights, LM interrupted her bedtime snack with, "Speaking of the northern lights," and went to the living room and brought back her book from the school library this week. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment