Thankfully Cracker Barrel has hot tea on their menu. (Two semi-delicious tea bags with as much hot water as you want, I presume.) Although I did not see hot tea listed on McDonald’s menu, upon asking, I found out that it is indeed available (albeit in the form of a styrofoam cup of hot water with a Lipton’s tea bag on the side). Chic-fil-A serves THE BEST hot tea! And IHOP, unlike five years ago, now serves two tea bags and as much hot water as you want, reducing the “discrimination” against hot tea drinkers, compared to the “bottomless” coffee pot they offer coffee drinkers.
Although some gas stations (or at least the one just south of where I-77N exits off of I-81) display a great selection of tea bags at their hot drink bar, others have none. After buying an overpriced box of 24 Lipton family sized iced tea bags at a gas station with no tea on their hot drink bar, I have now purchased a box of teabags I like and stashed them away in my glove compartment to use in such cases.
I guess it would be easier to drink coffee, but old habits die hard. Maybe I’ll just think of this Great American Adventure as The Great Tea-Hunting Expedition. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment