731. a day that reminds us of our calling for everyday
732. the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control
733. the Spirit is indeed bearing that fruit, though the process sometimes seems slow
734. fun wreath on sale, as V Day approached:
735. paper doily garland
736. flip-style photo stand find at Goodwill
737. success at the snack fellowship last night (deviled eggs!)
738. fun memories made with an impromptu family dinner Saturday night
739. real-life, real-time stories of real deep change in someone's heart
740. highs in the 40s!!!!!
These gifts are just that ... gifts! And not just gifts, but the icing-on-the-cake gifts. "All I need is Jesus," is not a trite statement. He truly is the best gift. He is enough, and I do not need these other gifts. But the discipline of noticing them points me back to the Giver of all good gifts and helps me give Him my gift of thanksgiving.
To join in on reading others' lists or recording your own, visit the gratitude community at “One Thousand Gifts" or check out the new website: One Thousand Gifts.

2 comments:
I LOVE the paper doily idea!! Never would have thought of that!! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen heart-shaped doilies, so that could have something to do with it... :) I was going to say that I'll keep it in mind for the future but could be difficult without the doilies themselves available, hey?! Great job, anyway. Simple but effective.
I’m here today from Ann’s. I know it’s Thursday and the linky is on Monday – but getting through them all to get to yours took some time :)
First – Amen – Our Lord is the best gift ever
And my fave from your list 735. paper doily garland (it really is the simple things that matter – hearts on a string – they bring a smile)
God Bless and Keep You and yours
Post a Comment