Well, these plans are all scrapped. I wrote these daily updates before we left, thinking I'd not have time to update while we were here.
On March 22nd, we plan to have lunch with three nonbelieving ladies, and dinner with a missionary, and I also have a writing assignment with Help Tohoku.
**********
March 22 (13 hours ahead of USA EDST)
If you pray ...
This morning's breakfast plans are with my former team leader, a man who has the perspective of many years in Japan. We are looking forward to what we will learn from him.
We're not sure what the Lord has for us the rest of the day.
Today is an exciting day for missions in Japan. A two-day marriage retreat begins in Yokohama this noon for evangelical missionaries from throughout Japan. The mission field can be a hard environment in which to nurture a marriage. And English-speaking Christian counselors are rare, if not absent. Once when I investigated finding one, I was told, "You can go to Thailand or Hong Kong." - ! I hope this is a wonderful time of refreshment for many missionaries who live in a place without the resources we enjoy in more Christian nations.
No comments:
Post a Comment