Which street was I on? Which street was I turning onto?
The neatly crossed signs on the street sign were at an angle. Did a snow plow push the sign?
Where was I?
Episode 2:
I switched to Japanese entry on my computer keyboard. And I successfully typed in the name of the hotel I was searching for.
But the search engine could only find a few entries of completely unrelated things, and most had goobley-gook for the summary.
What was going on? Aaah! I was using a specialized rewards-based search engine. Switching back to Google did the trick.
Episode 3:
Trying to figure out if there would be time to get from morning prayer meeting at one church to afternoon English outreach class at another church's location, I typed in the names of the closest train stations and asked for the trains which would get us to our destination by 1:00.
Huh?!? Catch a train at 23:40. What?!?
Oh! 1 PM on the train schedules in Japan is 13:00. I had forgotten.
When the street signs don't point straight, or when the language we are using is not recognized by the person or thing which is processing our request, or when we use a system of counting that could have more than one meaning, we don't get favorable results. We can't move forward.
Aren't we thankful that we can have a Perfect Guide?
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth,
No comments:
Post a Comment