Our high was 89*F on Sept. 29 & 30, and 87*F on Oct. 1. I think that's higher than normal, but I did read that our average daily temp usually drops 20 degrees from Oct. 1 to Oct. 31.
Last night Little Guy asked mournfully, "Mom, is it true? Is it almost fall?"
In these 31 days, sunrise will shift from 6.52 AM to 7.25 AM. Sunset will go from 6.37 PM to 5.33 PM. Losing light is always hardest. Time to stock up on LED candles on timers! :)
The landscape change (from green claustrophobic fields to wide open landscapes of brown stubble) has happened earlier this year, so that's different.
I'm not always good at marking the seasons. I miss the seasonal foods of Japan for that. But we hope to bring up our fall books from the basement (great timing with the 1000 Books Challenge!). And maybe I'll set out some pumpkin decor. And I know Little Miss would love to whip something up in the kitchen. Hmmm.... maybe a no-bake pumpkin dessert or something with apples. A hike would be fun! And seeing fall colors would be extraordinary! Thankfully our little town puts on a brilliant display of color, with trees arching over the middle of the main street.
What do you do to mark the season?
No comments:
Post a Comment