Six years ago, LG and I started our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge, and four years ago, we completed the extreme challenge, and started LM on hers!
Younger sibling definitely isn't getting the extreme challenge (1000 unique books). Tired Mom counts every book, even if we read it 5 times. But Tired Mom also forgets to write books down. And Tired Mom doesn't read as much. LM is up to 840 (mainly thanks to summer reading logs) - woohoo!
This week our local library in Tiny Town announced that they are starting a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge! I am so excited! I need the challenge. And LM is excited, too!
I explained that if we read 3 books every day, we can win the prize, and she chanted, "I'm the champion!"
I know that technically we don't need to start over on our way to 1,000. But I imagine to be counted in our library's program, we will need to. And it's do-able.
No comments:
Post a Comment