I have lists of projects to do while the children are in school ... organizing, sorting, things that take a few hour chunks.
I have lists for Christmas ... steps to getting our card out, gift ideas to give, activities to keep it meaningful, foods to make with the children.
I have lists (or stacks) of books I want to read.
I want to have a list of things I want to learn, ways I want to grow.
Some day I would like to learn how to decorate cookies. Piping and flooding royal icing seems like a skill that would be fun to have.
Decorating cakes is also something I would like to learn. I enjoy making simple fun birthday cakes (but would enjoy it more if we didn't celebrate the children's birthdays while also celebrating Christmas with the extended family; it makes it a little rushed).
This past week I learned how to make porterhouse steak, so that increases my confidence that I can learn other new things, too!
I have one sewing project I really want to complete this year, a cover for my Instant Pot, but we shall see. :) This is the tutorial. I procured the fabric months ago. Hmmm.
If I were really adventurous, I would learn how to do the farm bookkeeping on the computer.
The plan is that in the next few weeks I will follow one of these tutorials to make simple no-sew DIY kids' costumes. I'm looking forward to that little bit of creativity. :)
Have you learned any new skills recently? Do you have a list of things to learn?
No comments:
Post a Comment