Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Thankful ~ energy & productivity

It's called Prednisone. But I'll take it. 

Today I did what normal people probably do every day.  But I haven't for so long.  It felt really good.  Maybe too good in terms of feeding my idol of productivity. 

Laid awake in bed 2.30-3.15 AM. Up (albeit bleary-eyed) until 5.  Slept on couch from 5-6.15.  (I know that's not the part that normal people do.)

Got the children up & out the door by 7.25. 

Although I called the repairman right away (about our hot water heater), I struggled to get moving for a couple hours. 

But, at the end of the day it was so satisfying to ... take a hot shower!! ... and also look back on what I had accomplished. 

I washed, dried, and folded 3 sets of sheets & 6 blankets. Cleaned a MESSY living room (& hid the toys!). Put up the fall decor. Brought up the fall book box. Swept the kitchen, changed the tablecloth, and vacuumed the living room. Ran the dishwasher that had been fully loaded & waiting for hot water for days.  :) 

Changed our sheets (something my hands had trouble doing this summer). Made a meal plan, grocery list, and online grocery order. Wrote two cards. 

Took LM to the post office & library & gas station. Picked up Little Guy. Read books. 

Cooked ... oven roasted zucchini & sweet potatoes + ground turkey for me. Tacos (+ applesauce, pickles, and veggies) for the kids.  Well, I guess I didn't just cook, but ran a short-order restaurant! The butcher-wrapped package I pulled out of the freezer blindly to thaw over the weekend was porterhouse steak. I googled it, followed the recipe, and Jim had the most scrumptious meal when he came in - steak, salad, and roasted sweet potatoes.  I kept sneaking bites. I am not a steak lover, but it was GOOD!!

Taking bets on tomorrow morning's wake-up time...

(Edited to add ... 5.30 AM - Thank you, Lord!!)

No comments: