Sometime in my youth, I recall reading a book that described the early summer washing of bed linens in Scandinavia. Whether that is true or if I misremembered it, I do not know, but I have never forgotten how repulsed I was by the thought that the Scandinavians were not sleeping on regularly laundered bedding during the winter.
Apparently I have become Scandinavian! :)
Little Guy's bedding is complicated. Here are the layers:
- a full zip-around mattress allergen cover
- a typical mattress pad
- a fitted sheet
- and then a compression bed sheet (think Lycra tubing that goes around the long way of the mattress - open at both ends).
Even without the top layer and bottom layer, since he sleeps in a day bed, getting any one of these off requires some massive mattress wrestling. (Thank goodness we don't have a bunk bed!!) And for most of the summer I did not have strength in my body to do that.
But ... the first day in late September that I felt good with steroids, guess what I did? I channeled my {albeit autumn} Scandinavian self, and LG had beautifully clean bedding that night!
Yay for Scandinavia!
No comments:
Post a Comment