Of course, no two weeks are alike. :)
This week on Wednesday I picked BK up from school at 2, and we hit the road. 215 miles and 4.5 hours later, I had driven him to a specialist appointment, helped him finish his Awana homework while we waited, interacted with the doctor, filled up the tank with gas, stopped at a gas station (with a long line at the checkout) to get pizza for his supper & grapes & cheese for mine (to be added to the g-free crackers I had in the van), picked up LM (who had ridden the bus after school to the grandparents'), and taken both children to church for Awana. WHEW!!
I'm thankful for a slower day today.
The classrooms in our grade school have calm-down corners, and I have found mine: the bench on our front porch. It's my new phone call spot. This morning I have spent over an hour out there + time alone. 62*F, gray skies, light rain, a cup of warm tea = perfection!
Friday holds another specialist appointment 70 miles away. Monday is a day off school. The forecast calls for rain, so we might not be able to hike as we are wont to do. Tuesday is the 3rd specialist appointment 70 miles away in 8 days!! I hope I scheduled rest for next Wednesday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment