Church picnic Sunday is always a big day!
- One worship service under the big tent
- Baptisms
- Lunch together
- Boat rides
- Hayrack ride (or hayride if you're not from the Midwest)
- Sno-cones
- Inflatables
We stayed longer than we ever had, and were there until the last chair was folded and stacked on the racks.
So we were two hours later than planned to drop the children off with the grandparents. Then we set off on a 26-hour trip to Chicago for the purpose of my doctor's appointment, but which also included the Art Institute for Jim and lunch with a friend for me.
Tuesday I felt a day behind. Wednesday morning LM didn't want to go to school. Hindsight is 20/20, but I sent her to school. By Wednesday evening it was obvious she was sick. She stayed home from school Thursday, and acted fine, but around 3 PM I took her temperature & looked in her throat. Temp was fine, but her throat was not. At 4 PM we were at the pediatrician's where she tested positive for strep. So she was home Friday also.
That would have been enough for one week, but it also held Run Club, two extracurriculars that we skipped (Trail Life when we were in Chicago & Run Club on Wednesday), an appointment (+ the pediatrician appointment & my Chicago appointment), two appointments that we cancelled, Awana (for BK; not for LM - she sat in the van with me), Moms in Prayer, a cheerleading mini-clinic (& then cheering on the sidelines at the high school football game), and a float in a nearby town's parade with Trail Life.
And that is just the "what's on our calendar" stuff; not the "what's in our heart & how are we relating" stuff.
No wonder I'm tired.
Here's to a calmer week! (Can I say that when harvest is imminent?)
No comments:
Post a Comment