BK's baseball practices and games start at 5.30 or 6 PM. What to do about our evening meal becomes the question. The concession stand does not provide nutritious meals. Well, once is okay, but not 18 times!!
We started the season out well. Hopefully we'll stay strong. :)
For the first night of practice, I made pb&j uncrustables (using a handy device from Amazon) for the children, BK cut pepper sticks, and LM cut cucumber coins. The children each took a clementine and a Go-gurt. And I packed a family size bag of Aldi-brand Doritos. I had string cheese with almond crackers and an individual serving of hummus with tortilla chips for my protein, and chose grapes for my fruit. Water was our drink.
There are ways to add some variety, but that is probably the formula we will use. If needed we can use individual lunch containers (see below). Otherwise we will just put one container of veggies and one of sandwiches in my insulated bag, along with everything else. I think we're set for baseball meals!
(I did buy a pantry pack of sunflower seeds for our baseball player.) ;)
What would you add?

No comments:
Post a Comment