Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Convenience Meals

BK had occasion to eat at someone else's home recently and asked the lady of the house to text me her recipe. :) (Food always tastes better elsewhere.) 

I made the recipe one evening last week.  Jim arrived home after we ate, and I warned him, "Enjoy it, because I'm not making it again." 

It was delicious, and I enjoy making dishes like that, but it's not for this season of our life. It took an hour of nursing it constantly, and it took me days to catch up on all the dishes I dirtied.  

My current menu plan is "dump it" (in the instant pot, slow cooker, microwave, 9x13, or air fryer) and then walk away until it's time to eat. :)

In this day of the high cost of eating out, I'm not afraid to spend a little more on groceries for convenience foods, if it keeps me from getting take-out. 

One day last week I picked up pulled beef brisket at Aldi, and we had supper quite quickly after I arrived home from an afternoon appointment.  The instant pot soon made rice.  The microwave heated up the beef and some leftover vegetables.  And the leftover fresh pineapple was a treat ... and paired perfectly with the spicy BBQ.





The next night's supper was brought to us by the letter P ... pork, potatoes, peas, and a pouch of applesauce.  LM added Parmesan, and the rest of the family had Pillsbury Aldi refrigerated crescent rolls. :)  

 

Do you have any lazy meal plans? Do tell!

(And, yes, we eat off of Christmas dishes for many months.) :)

No comments: