Friday, October 25, 2024

7000 steps by 12 noon

If you want to get 7000 steps by 12 noon, I recommend a lost pair of eyeglasses during the rush to get out the door to school. :) 

Even though I had a long to-do list including making a phone call, writing a thank you card, mailing a package, putting away laundry & dishes, and cooking four dishes, what did I do after school drop-off? 

It took one hour, 4000 steps, one bag of trash, one load of laundry + sheets, one box to donate, and a box of things that live elsewhere in the house. 

But a child's bedroom is CLEAN!! And vacuumed. And has clean sheets.  (And, the eyeglasses were found - by Mom's eagle eyes - before we left for school. I just wanted to prevent a repeat performance every morning.)

Then ... I put cowboy soup in the crockpot, potatoes in the oven, and chicken in the air fryer.  Whew!

Jim had a great lunch. :) And we have leftovers ... and food cooked ahead.

And some other day I will (hopefully) make my phone call, write a thank you, mail the package, and make quinoa egg bites to freeze.  

Any tips for helping distracted kiddos keep their rooms clean?  A friend shared this: “If it’s put away it’s yours; if it’s on the floor, it’s mine.” We shall see.  

No comments: