Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Before a trip

I am always most productive right before a trip. :) 

Of course I am busy packing and preparing to cover things that must be done in my absence.  But I become super productive doing things that have no relation to my trip.  Do you?

I knew I was flying out October 7th, so I kept moving ... doing things that didn't necessarily have to be done before my trip ... making phone calls (persistently), filling the van with things to donate, going through the children's shoes, keeping up on laundry & dishes (more than I normally do), cleaning my closet (!), and grocery shopping. 

I also did things that related to prep for my trip. 

I made a meal plan for the children who were staying with their grandparents.  I collected recipes and ingredients.  

I made a meal plan for Jim and cooked meat and left it for him, along with bags of frozen vegetables to pop in the microwave, and plenty of fruit, salad, and bread.  And a supply of boiled eggs to supplement his breakfast cereal.  

Meatloaf, taco meat, and cowboy soup. Pork chops were already in the fridge.  I cooked air-fried chicken breasts the next day.  

And mere hours before my plane took off, I was still scrambling to finish everything. :)

Are you a packing procrastinator too? 

No comments: