Monday, October 28, 2024

One Saturday in October

::written Saturday evening, October 26th::


We aimed to pull out of the garage at 6.55 AM.  Yikes! We almost made it, and immediately saw the low fuel light.  So, we made a quick trip to the nearest gas station.  As we were making plans for our later-than-anticipated arrival and the possibility of dropping BK off at the door, we realized that I had forgotten to write his events on his arm.  So we pulled in to a parking lot before getting on the interstate, and I used the trusty Sharpie in my purse. Whew!

200 yard freestyle, 50 yard breaststroke, and 100 yard freestyle

He was to be on deck by 7.45 for warmups.  We made it! 

He finished swimming at 11.45. We ate lunch in Chick-fil-A, and then we met friends at the pumpkin patch at 1 PM! 

Childhood should have more days like today of playing outdoors with friends for four hours on a PERFECT fall day!

A quick Walmart pickup, a slow Culver's drive-through for Daddy, and then a field meal delivered to the tractor in the driveway of the grain elevator.

I wouldn't want to be gone from home eleven hours every Saturday!  But today was good, and I believe everyone will sleep great tonight!

No comments: