Thursday, May 29, 2025

2025 Summer Vacation, Day 5

Tuesday, May 26

First day of summer swim team practice!! BK's age group practices 8.30-9.30 (four mornings a week). LM's age group practices 9.30-10.30, but they ended at 10.10 today because it was 60* and raining, although the water temp was 82*.  

LM woke up at 5.30 due to overwhelming excitement!! The tooth fairy was to visit her last night, summer swim team was starting, AND, most excitedly, it was also the first day of summer day care. Her excitement knew no bounds!

After swim practice, we picked Jim up in a distant field to give him a ride back to the farm. He was gracious enough to allow LM to go to day care first before we took him to the farm. :) 

BK & I dropped Jim off, came home for a bit, and then at noon headed to town, where we picked up a Kohl's order, went to an appointment, shopped at ALDI, got gas, and were home around 4 PM. 

I barely had time to put the groceries away and sit down, before heading out to pick up LM and then head the opposite direction to drop BK off for an annual evening of water fun with his Awana boys' group at a gravel pit nearby.  

By the time LM & I arrived home at 6 PM, I was exhausted.  But I pressed on.  

  • Rice in the Instant Pot. Check!
  • How quickly can I empty the dishwasher? Oh, 4 minutes. 
  • Okay, how quickly can I load it? 7 minutes.
  • I better go ahead and prep the fruit from today's grocery shopping. 
  • Berries washed. Check!
  • Cantaloupe & pineapple cut. Check! 
  • Heat up orange chicken from ALDI. Check!
  • Eat a real meal - orange chicken, rice, broccoli, and salad.  VERY satisfying! 

No comments: